New Year...New beginnings!



Hello loves! It's almost February!! In a few days as we officially enter into the second month of the year, this New Year will not be so new anymore. Like every year, this year too I came up with some resolutions. Usually my resolutions are almost the same every year... like, losing weight, hitting the gym, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, getting organized & so on. But surprisingly enough I almost never keep up with any of those after the first week. The reason I can never keep up I realized is because, before I can work on any of these resolutions I need to first work on the basics, my core self first. So, I really took time to write down the resolutions to achieve this year which I wish to stay with forever & from here on I can add on & grow every day.

My goals for this year as I wrote down sounded simple at the beginning but I am slowly realizing they are not that simple.  But, hey! I really plan to go through with these without fail! Today, I want to share a few things from my resolution list. But before that, please know that this post is a lot different from my usual posts & all thoughts I express in this post are my personal opinions. Now, let's jump right in...

1. To forgive others & also Myself:




Top most on my list this year is to Forgive. The past two years I have sheltered a lot of hurt in my heart (consciously & unconsciously), which slowly turned into hate. I was thinking the whole time that by hating the people who hurt me I was nursing myself, but in reality because of all that  hate I have damaged myself more than anyone could. Thankfully the damage is repairable. In this realization process I also discovered that I also had to forgive myself too. Unknowingly sometimes I am too hard on myself for missing opportunuties & simply for not living upto my own standards. Now, I am going to take it slow & really listen to my inner voice always & work with myself & forgive.

2. To value time & be present in the moment:



Although I am not lazy, but I tend to procrastinate a lot. I want to try & be in every moment & really 'live' the moment. I want to be able to act upon my instincts & ideas faster as I lose that passion if I put it off for 'later'! Let me share something interesting with you...One day in a normal moment this thought crossed my mind that " Every moment you are in, holds some importance. The 'now' is always changing, so every now/present holds some importance & it's important to be fully present in the moment to recognize that." This thought  sorta stuck with me & I want to follow through.

3. To remain the natural 'me' at all times:



In this fast paced world where the physical reality is always changing its important to hold onto our inner reality. The real 'Me' that I have buried deep down under all the worries, stress & fear, has to be up & alive at all times. I want to stop living for the world & start living with the world without any prejudice & discrimination.

4. To give, take & manifest LOVE in it's true form:


This is really the hardest one of all. Loving is easy when it is with someone who reciprocates the same to you or is on the same page with you. But to love is hard when its the opposite. I want to retain love no matter what situation I am presented with. By love I don't mean "I love you because..." type of love. I want to love without a reason. True love in my opinion can not be contained or shown to one person or thing & doesn't happen for a reason. I know it's hard to 'be love' all the time, but I also have observed that when I truly feel this way, I feel so 'ME' more than ever. It's hard to explain but I hope you got my point!

5. To spend time with nature:


Yes! I totally want to do this. Nature is not something separate from us because, we are also the beings of nature, I think. I want to reconnect with it. I know it's not hard because once I am out there it happens gradually & all I just need to do is to find the time & be aware of it :)

Lost in the busy & loud life in the present time where we have tasks to complete, deadlines to meet, meetings to attend (with fake smiles) we often tend to ignore & not attend to our own inner noises, confusions & needs. I essentially want to be aware & really attend to myself first & listen to my inner chatter.

As I have been working towards these, I see myself rediscovering myself & learning things I could do & feel which I never knew I could before. It's still an ongoing process & hope to follow through. Wish me luck :)
so those were 5 of my to do's from my long resolution list. I really hope you guys didn't get bored! Thank you so so sooo much for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)