5 easy hair care tips for winter

I love winter, but, only when I am all snuggled up on a couch with a cup of hot chocolate watching my favorite show on T.V. That's my idea of a perfect winter day. Along with bringing in all the festivities, holidays & families together, what winter also brings is bad hair days. As we are almost transitioning from fall to winter in the U.S, I thought I would share with you guys a few winter hair care tips that work for me.


Here are 5 quick tips

1. No hot water shower- Wait what?? The only thing you would want to do on a winter day is to get into a hot shower. But it can make your hair really dry. So try lukewarm or cool. Trust me, it makes a huge difference.

2. Shampoo less frequently- I love shampooing my hair. I do it every other day, otherwise I feel my hair gets dirty (it doesn't really get dirty, that's how I 'feel' ). I try to reduce it to a minimum of thrice a week in winter. Shampooing pulls out moisture from hair, so it would  be better to limit it in the winter.



3. Condition more frequently- Conditioning your hair is really important. Conditioning hair after shampooing & using leave-in conditioner once in a while is enough if your hair is not really dry. But if you have really dry hair & scalp & winter makes it worse try deep conditioning. You can find some good conditioning hair masks at Ulta, Cvs or Walgreens.

But if you wanna make your own hair mask, here is one you can give a try

What you need ?
Egg yolk & honey. You can also add in a few drops of olive oil if you wish.

How ?
Beat up egg yolk & 1 table spoon of honey in a bowl.
Use plastic gloves & apply with hands. That way you can easily cover your entire hair. Leave it on for about an hour & wash it off with your regular shampoo.




Why ?
Egg yolk is very rich in protiens & honey in general has many healing properties, vitamins & proven to be good for hair growth.

I do use this mask and it really works for me. I suggest you avoid this mask if you are allergic to any products mentioned above.

4. Hot-oil massage- This not only helps your hair but also destresses you. I use virgin coconut oil from Trader Joe's & heat it up for a couple of seconds. Then I massage it into my hair for about 15 mins concentrating on the scalp. I leave it in for about 2 to 3 hours or leave it in overnight & take a shower after.



5. No heat: Try to minimize using hot styling tools for hair. Avoid blow drying and if you want to use any hot tool, make sure you use a good heat protectant hair spray.



Also static is something I struggle with during winter. I try to use wodden combsinstead of plastic  to avoid static. Also covering your hair when out, with a cap or scarf helps too. If you want a quick fix then just rub dryer sheets on your hair before you leave home & trust me it works.

These are some tips I follow during winter. Basically, I just change my hair routine during winter. I hope you guys liked these tips. Please share your winter hair care tips in the comments below. Enjoy your fall & winter :)
Thanks for stopping by guys :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)