Indian Spring summer 2014

The heavily embroidered ,embellished, shiny netted Indian garments have been ruling bollywood and it's followers for a long time now. I have had my share of love-hate relationship with it too.  Love-hate I say because sometimes this trend can get too overboard and look almost tacky. But in the recent times I see lot of actresses going for desi fusion, Indo-western & laid back looks for movie promotions and appearances. 

One such appearance is this. Here, take a look at this picture of Indian actress Regina Cassandra wearing a Payal Khandwala sari. Her "no make-up" make-up look worked great for this ensemble.This look is so refreshing!



Designer Payal Khandwala's spring summer collection is absolutely gorgeous. Firstly love the natural handwoven fabrics and the gorgeous colors. The collection I feel is laid back yet fierce and edgy. It's so desi (Indian) with a videsi (western) twist. I see Indian silhouettes put together with collared shirts, leather belts and jackets in this collection and it gives these femenine outfits a rough touch. I personally love her collection. I almost spent my entire weekend admiring her work. It is very refreshing. Take a look at her spring summer 2014 collection. 





My favorite piece is this one below. Hair up in a messy bun and minimal makeup with a bold lip is what I would pair it up with.


What do you guys think? For those of you who don't know much about Indian fashion scene what do you think of this collectin? Please Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by lovelies.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)