Packing for a weekend trip

No matter how long or short your trip is, one thing very essential for the trip to go smooth is, packing. You want to pack enough clothing for your trip but at the same time you don't want to carry more than you need. That is a struggle in itself.  But along the way & after many packing experiences, I now have become a decently good packer (self proclaimed) ;).

Well, I recently made a trip last weekend to Atlanta and I thought it would be fun to share with you guys how I packed and little tips & tricks I learnt along the way.

Trust your carry-on:




Flight travel or a road trip, travelling light is really important. It's not only hassle free but you can also find everything in one place.The best way to fit all your clothes comfortably into the carry-on is by rolling them instead of folding them.

Plan & Pack  your clothes:



Plan & pair up your outfits before hand. This way you can just pull out the outfit from your bag & not disturb the rest of the stuff.


Don't forget your accesories:



What I do is I gather all my accesories I need for the trip & put the necklaces, rings, bangles $ earrings in different ziplock bags. Then I put all of the ziplocks in a pouch. Doing this really makes it easier for me to find my accesories quickly.

Plastic bag to your rescue:

Plastic bag can come in really handy. You can use plastic bags for packing shoes & toileteries & not worry about your clothes getting messy. I also carry a trash bag with me which I use as a laundry hamper.

Make a check list:

 
Make a check list on your phone for small things you will need for your trip. I always tend to forget small things like chargers, Sun glasses, Chapsticks, & those are things I will need the most. So I make a check list of such things on my phone & pack them as I go through the list. the list is stored on my phone as 'travel must haves'.

These are just a couple of tips & ideas for a short trip. Any trip whether short or long should be for you to de-stress & relax. So, packing or forgetting to pack all you need should not stress you! I hope these tips help you & please share more tips to make packing easier & how do you pack, in the
comments below.

Thanks so much for reading!

 






I

2 comments:

  1. This is one thing I really struggle with. I tend to overpack and never travel light. I want to have anything and everything that I 'might' need and then I end up not using half of what I packed. Thanks for these great tips Sushma, I hope you had a fun trip. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad this helped you Idu. Thanks so much for your time. Overpacking is too hard to not do! I still struggle with it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)