Bling it on - Indian jewelry

Till my college years in India I never really liked Indian clothes or a traditional Indian attire simply because I thought it was too hard to carry! But now that I am way too far from my mother land , 8430.764 miles away to be precise, I crave for Indian clothes and try to wear them on any occasion that I find. Well anyway, there is one part of Indian attire I have always obsessed over and that is the jewelry, specially the earrings!!! Here are some pieces from my collection I love!


 
 



While wearing indian jewelry I go by one simple rule I.e If I wear heavy earrings I don't wear a necklace or vice versa. Usually my style would be a Great pair of earrings/jhumkas and a bangle.







They are not real gold but gold plated so you can have as many as you want! I got them from a store in Charminar, Hyderabad when I was in India last October. I was like a child in a toy store when I was there. You can level up a simple Kurta with such jewelry and I love that, because, I can be comfortable and look put together when I really didn't put much effort into it!!





This style of jewellery has off-late been in trend because of bollywood actresses of course. Here, take a look! Don't they look gorgeous? Infact some jewelry pieces were named after bollywood actresses in the store where I went to pick mine.
 


 
Madhuri Dixit & Sonam Kapoor
 
 


Deepika Padukone in Ram-Leela

I hope you liked my take on indian jewelry. If you aree looking to buy Indian jewelry email me at sushmareddystudio@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by happy faces :D

 

                                                                                 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)